05 April 2008

all the marbles


swirly delights! i've had a vast collection of marbles for a good portion of my life. they've been in vases and underfoot...rolling down wooden chutes and sitting on the windowsill...but anywhere they are is a place i'd like to be. i love this marble collection (editorial note: not mine! these are antique german beauties)! the dancing tangles of glass look like synapses or even capillaries. the colors are dreamy yet bright. a bouquet of glass just in time for spring.

4 comments:

Liz said...

beautiful, thanks for sharing, I remember my mum used to put a glass bowl of glass marbles and water under our gas fire I think it was something to do with humidity. but wish I had them now they were beautiful too.

Carrie Lynn said...

sweet! marbles bring back some great memories

Unknown said...

I immediately thought about my childhood when I saw the pic. Awesome!

Jennifer said...

I love marbles too. That picture is gorgeous!