16 April 2008

riding high

i've been searching and searching for a bicycle ever since i moved out to a more rural, farm area - you know - the type of bicycle that begs for a basket, the kind that lures you to give it a spin over acres of grass, and of course one that has a style that is unshakable.
and yesterday...i found it. it was a moment of happenstance too perfect for words. one of my favorite vendors at my local flea market had four glorious vintage bikes for sale - and this schwinn cruiser - in sleek racing green - beckoned. and now he's mine. i got him just in time as apparently 20 other people desperately wanted to escape with him as well. i cannot wait to spruce him up - a basket, steamers and a bell all seem to be in his immediate future. i want to dress him up in his party tux. and the local farmers market opens today too. oh the places we'll go...
i think he needs a name too...any suggestions?

6 comments:

Blooming Lily said...

That is awesome! My parents are Dutch, and riding bikes is huge in Holland! It reminds me of when I was a kid riding with my mom! Great!

Tabitha Brown said...

Nice bike! That is a beauty

Anonymous said...

I envy you! That's an awesome bike.

Rosebud Collection said...

Oh, that bike brings back memories..Dear me, I just dated myself..I say, the "Black Phantom", would be a nice name..cause when they see you coming, all better move.

High Desert Diva said...

Oh...he's a beaut! I caved and ordered a new cruiser after searching for an old one for two months. Should be here any time now...

Tizzalicious said...

I love you bicycle! Mine has a basket too! Baskets are bicycle musts!