02 February 2008

flea market finds















since i spent the last post discussing the lovely folks who supply me with goodies at the local flea market, i thought i'd spend this post sharing a recent, favorite find from that same place. i truly couldn't believe my luck when i spied this beauty on a table. could it be real? a wee bird cage/music box/jewelry chest? and in my favorite avocado shade of green!! and it works! heavens to betsy. but indeed it was - the stars were on my side. although a bit dusty at the time, for $5 who could resist. i brought it home, used an old toothbrush to give a thorough cleaning to the bottom of the cage and voila, a sweet swinging bird (check out the photo progression to see how the bird swings when the drawer opens) meant for the top of my dresser. and there he sits - and holds precious treasures. thank you flea market!!!!

3 comments:

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Amazing find! A total steal for such perfect sweetness.

hello,my name is jessica. said...

wow, that's great!

glasfaden said...

aww,.. how cute is that?!!