09 February 2008

beguiling birdie



this wee golden birdie is posing quite a mystery to me. i came across him this week at the flea market and for $2 he simply had to come and live with me. yet for the life of me i cannot figure out his past. he's flittered from booth to booth at the flea market and no one knows exactly what to make of him. he doesn't have a clasp so we know he's not a pillbox. he smells like metal, not perfume so we don't think he held any lotions or potions. so far the only logical occupation i think he could have held is as a table salt holder...if anyone has any ideas about what secrets this wee birdie could hold from his past life. please feel free to comment below!

2 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Maybe he was a chocolate box. I know I have seen some very decorative ones from Europe that are like that.

I'm glad you got him. He's exactly what I would've bought.

hello,my name is jessica. said...

nutcracker?