20 January 2008

it wouldn't be make-believe





i've sadly never had my picture taken at one of those "olde tyme photo booths". i've never dressed up like annie oakley or bonnie parker and had my sepia toned visage immortalized on a matted photograph. but i do delight in true "olde tyme" photos... and since one of my favorite films is Peter Bogdanovich's 1973 "Paper Moon", I thought I'd compile a few vintage "paper moon" commemorative photos - most likely taken at various state fairs, holiday bazaars, and boardwalk excursions in the 1930s - to share with you. oh...and for more paper moon greatness - check out this amazing flickr set

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

hey....those are great!
Paper Moon...almost forgotten that film

Kellybot said...

Make friends with someone with mad Photoshop skills - should be a fairly simple project!