04 March 2008

a new regime










oh if only there were little men offering me a congratulatory glass of champagne when i finish my 100 laps...but despite the lack of such delicacies, i am newly obsessed and thrilled about my decision to start swimming. the elliptical trainer was getting so darn tedious. those green and red lights blinking and nagging - showing me exactly how much longer i'm "supposed" to be going up an incline or trudging along a plateau... boring loring zoring doring!! i honestly think exercise should have some relaxing merits and thankfully swimming does indeed possess (at least for me) very calming attributes. the addition last week of earplugs has added to the solitary bliss. i can actually THINK while i'm swimming. i can dream up new designs and work out jumbled thoughts. show me the water and i'll be a happy, happy fishy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that sounds absolutely lovely.. the swimming part... And earplugs!

awesome!